Monday, April 6, 2009

Home Improvements

Whew! Home again! We spent a couple days in Tucson and then went to Denver for a visit with Gkids and their adorable parents. Mark decided to tackle a home improvement project- just something small to pass the time. Maybe he'd replace a light fixture. Well, the kids wanted to take the carpet out of the bathrooms and put down flooring. So that's what he started. Mark and Mark would pull the carpet, take out the toilets, and prep. Sharon and Kate would fit and put down the new sheet goods. You can already tell what is going to happen, can't you. I will only say that, by the time we were finished, no one will fall through the new plywood. No, toilets aren't supposed to rock- fixed that.
Anyway- we are back home, having flown on the only day last week when things were not backed up all over the country by weather and wind. Nice ride home. Glad to be in my own bed.
I saw the robins and starlings out shopping for nest material in the back yard. They were pulling pieces of dried daylily leaf from the flower beds. I put out a big wad of wool, knowing from past years that the birds consider it premo nest lining. They found it immediately, and started taking strands of it.

1 comment:

NOLA said...

So, your birds have wool nests.
I am gonna put some boot laces out at my house (left over from my trojan days) and see what happens