Sunday, December 28, 2008

2009- more or less the same?

The snow was up to out butts, and we had not seen the ground in 5 weeks. It was definitely time for a road trip to Virginia and a nice visit with DD, DSIL, and DGS. It was marvelous to take the dogs for a walk around to Dunkin Donuts and back. The dogs were happy to go, anytime a leash was offered. On Saturday the 27th, the temperature was in the high sixties. We watched the weather at home, and it rose into the 40's there, as well. It rained at home. Perhaps some of that g--awful snow will be gone by the time we get home.
Aunt Ida called me today, to wish me a merry christmas and catch me up on my cousins' doings. It was a wonderful holiday surprise. I sent her greetings from all my siblings. I am making my plans for the new year. I wonder if I can forego resolutions that involve self-denial or self improvement. Do you think I could just promise not to be any worse than I was last year?

No comments: